Liposuction has come a long way as aesthetic technology develops. At NYBG Plastic Surgery, we offer advanced liposuction techniques to address various areas of the body. To be a candidate for our liposuction in Long Island, you need to be in the following condition:
- You are in good general health.
- Your skin has maintained some degree of elasticity.
- You are at or close to an ideal weight.
- You have fatty deposits that impact your feelings of self-esteem and confidence.
- You understand what liposuction can do, and real-world expectations about what to expect in in undergoing the procedure and the recovery.
Many people undergo liposuction to effectively reduce fatty deposits that linger on the face and body. This procedure can reduce the quantity of unwanted fat when diet and exercise have failed in the following body areas:
- Love handles
- Lower back
- Double chin
- Back fat
- Bra fat
- Upper arm fat
Is it Time Ready to Resculpt Your Body?
When considering liposuction, it is important that your procedure is performed with one of the latest generation of fat extraction systems. Older liposuction methods, while effective, often left an uneven or unpleasant appearance. Advancements in aesthetic technology have brought new systems to the market that can produce far superior outcomes.
If you are a candidate, and meet the criteria to undergo the procedure, you want to know that the results will improve your quality of life. All our liposuction procedures are customized to suit the patient, and carefully performed so that beautiful results can be achieved.
With our state-of-the-art liposuction systems, we are confident that we can help slim and trim those stubborn fatty zones that make you look less attractive. The results take some time to appear; most patients experience the full results after about 90 days. Initially, it is normal for the area treated to be swollen, which subsides with time. Once the body has healed, you will enjoy the freedom that comes with losing areas of bulging fat, and have a trimmer, more appealing body shape.
A Full Medical Evaluation is Part of our Process.
While we seek to help every patient we meet, there are some health conditions that may make it unsafe to undergo liposuction. Even if you are not a candidate, we offer a full array of options and will work with you to help you achieve the body contour you envision. Patients who may not be candidates can include those who:
- Are on the drug Accutane.
- Have extreme stretch marks.
- Have very lax skin.
- Suffer from blood clotting disorders.
- Who suffer from lupus.
- Who has diabetes.
- Who have heart or lung diseases.
- Who suffer from endocrine disorders.
- Who are obese.
- Who are more than 30 percent above ideal weight.
- Who drink excessively or use recreational drugs.
- Who are pregnant.
- Who smoke.
Some other health conditions may restrict you from undergoing liposuction. You can trust our team of medical professionals to fully evaluate your health prior to planning any procedure.Learn more about liposuction »